TCPware FAQs & Technical Tips
Table of Contents
- TCPware hangs after installing VMS eco
- Is TCPware affected by
the same limitations that require OpenVMS system managers to patch their
systems for the Delta Time problem?
- Does TCPware support
the Digital EtherWorks (DE602) PCI Ethernet Card?
the EIA0 (DE602) Ethernet card
- What has to be done
to enable UCX emulation in TCPware?
- Procedure for setting up TCPware in a mixed-platform environment
- Can I have newly
edited host file entries take effect immediately?
- How often is the DDNS zone
information checkpointed to the zone file, is it configurable
- Can newly-edited
host file entries take effect immediately
DNS servers not updating
- How often is the host
record for domain
- Why does my TCPware
system not get the correct IP address changed in DNS, even after rebooting
to make sure it was not in the DNS cache?
- Why can some DNS
clients not resolve names when they are configured to use the secondary
address as their nameserver?
- There is a secondary
address configured on a TCPware system that is also running as a DNS nameserver.
Some DNS clients can not resolve names when they are configured to use
the secondary address as their DNS nameserver. Why?
- Why is the secondary
nameservers not picking up the change to a DNS zone file on the primary
- Can this behavior
be changed? When TCPware does a lookup on a host name and the host name
is available in DNS and the hosts. file, it gives the answer found in
the hosts. file and not in DNS.
- Is there a
way to make new hosts entered in the hosts. file immediately available?
- What does the named: default: warning:
check_hints: error mean?
- Tips on configuring DNS
- When a Unix client uses FTP to put files to my MultiNet/TCPware system the file names get changed, some have $’s added to them, why?
- What can I do to
restrict access to my FTP server?
FTP from a command procedure
- Invalid Block Size
Error after installing patch
- When a user copies
a file to our system with FTP using the anonymous account how can TCPware
be configured so the protection on the file is set to 'world:re'?
- How do you disable
the GUI FTP time-out function?
- Why does the TCPware FTP client not accept my password for my UNIX server?
Logicals & Commands:
Added proxies not being used
with a /CONVERT=STREAM_CRLF does not convert files
- Can this be changed?
When using the NFS server to export directories to my PC clients, files
created on the OpenVMS server show up on the PC as one record. When opened
in a PC application such as notepad, the files show up on one long line
with a block where the next line should begin. Files created on the PC
when opened in a VMS editor have a
at the end of the line.
- What patches are necessary for NTP to change the time correctly this fall (2:00 AM on November 4)?
- Will NTP take care of setting the VMS logicals?
- Should I use the VMS system parameter AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV?
- Have there been any more recent changes to the time zone rules in MultiNet/TCPware than what is in the patches?
There are times when there are SMTP entries in the TCPWARE_SMTP queue
in a pending state, what causes this and is there anything I can do about
- Can I use the SMTP_SERVER_REJECT
file to reject mail based on the subject?
- Don't see all the
addresses when the message is forwarded from VMSmail
Can TCPware be configured to have a return address of user@domain instead
the location of spool directory
- Can TCPware be configured
to disable unauthorized mail relaying and (SPAM?)
- Can I set up an SMTP
address that goes to multiple recipients?
- My reply fails because
the cc: address doesn't include a domain name. Why does this happen?
- I have to configure
SMTP on the system to send all messages out through our sites SMTP
relay server, what do I have to do to configure Multinet/TCPware
to do this?
- Is there a way to control who can use SSH and who can not?
- What is the difference between SSH v2 and SSH v1 protocol?
- Which applications can I secure besides Telnet and the R services?
- Which encryption ciphers are supported?
- When I do an ls command to some SFTP servers (on UNIX systems), the list of files is not alphabetized, but on others it is. Why?
- Why do I have problems with version numbers (or wildcards for version numbers) when in VMS mode?
- I connected to a system running an earlier version of Process Software's SFTP-SERVER2 and VMS transfer mode was not automatically negotiated.
- Why is the directory from a VMS system presented in UNIX format when VMS transfer mode is not in use?
- Why do the filenames on my VMS system have $ characters in them?
- Why doesn't SFTP2 have a TRANSLATE mode like SCP2 does?
- I am using WinSCP on my PC and it won't work with the VMS system. Why?
- I've enabled the SSH server to do SSH1 but not SSH2 and my attempts to use SFTP fail. Why?
- How can I configure MultiNet's (or TCPWare’s) SSH server to ignore requests from addresses which are not in some sort of "approved" list? I can add hosts to the SSH configuration file but it seems that the SSH server doesn't check the client address until *after* it's accepted the client connection. I want it to completely *ignore* such clients.
- Is there a way to identify whether a user's current interactive session is connected via SSH protocol v1 rather than v2 so that a message can be displayed?
- Can you change the port the SSH server listens on?
- I'm using NTP and would need to know what to do to account for the new timezone rules coming up in 2007.