PMDF System Manager's Guide
39.2.3 PMDF Messages to the PC
The steps to gateway a message from PMDF into a PC mail system are as
- Send a message with, for instance, VMS MAIL to the PC mail system.
Use the proper addressing format when addressing the message.
- PMDF automatically processes the message addressed to the PC mail
system. PMDF converts the message to the defined, external format for
the target PC mail system.
- If necessary, the transfer PC moves the message from where PMDF
wrote it to where the PC support utility can access it. There are
numerous ways to do this. See Section 39.3 for descriptions of
- The support PC retrieves the message from one or more files in a
known location, converts it into the proprietary format for the post
office, and stores it in the appropriate location. For example, you can
- cc:Mail's Import utility (format conversion and file movement),
- Microsoft Mail's SMTPPUT (conversion and movement), or
- Novell's MHS Connectivity Manager (file movement only), or
- Word Perfect Office's API Gateway (conversion and movement).