PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway and
Because viruses, worms, and Trojan horses pose a substantial threat
to organizations, PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway includes an optional
anti-virus module with industry-leading Sophos anti-virus software.
The integrated anti-spam and anti-virus solution offers complete email
protection at the Internet gateway. It includes a unified centralized
web interface and automatic virus definition updates for easy administration
(see Figure 1).
Figure 1- Sophos Anti-Virus Option
Combined Solution Benefits
Using the best-of-breed anti-spam and anti-virus technology allows organizations
- Create a comprehensive and proactive email security strategy
- Maximize spam
and virus detection accuracy
- Reduce the cost of management
- Reduce deployment complexity
- Optimize filtering performance
- Predict email capacity requirements
Sophos Anti-Virus Advantages
Sophos, a world leader in computer security for 20 years, is trusted by 35
million business users in 150 countries. Sophos Anti-Virus advantages are:
- Sophos Technology - Sophos Anti-Virus provides best-of-breed
protection against viruses,
Trojans, worms and malicious spyware.
- SophosLabs™ - This is a global network of highly
skilled analysts with over 15
years' experience in protecting businesses from known and emerging threats.
Sophos global network of threat analysis centers ensures Sophos is able to
respond to new threats without compromise, achieving the highest levels of
customer satisfaction and protection in the industry.
- Genotype Technology - Sophos Anti-Virus uses Genotype™ technology
to catch new virus variants by
protecting against families of viruses before specific detection is available.
PreciseMail Anti-Spam Advantages
Process Software has 20-years of experience with email technology and network
security of mission critical networks. PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway advantages
- High performance, high spam detection accuracy –Proven
out-of-the-box spam detection accuracy rate of 98% without losing messages
and without delaying the delivery of mail.
- Flexible deployment - Administrators can run PreciseMail
on the same system as the email server or on a system placed in front of
the email server .
- Intuitive, easy to use - A web-based interface that provides
each user access to their own quarantined messages, blacklists, whitelists,
and filtering options. The web-based administration interface centralizes
all configuration, reporting, and management tasks.
- Scalable, reliable – PreciseMail
uses Data Synchronization Cluster (DSC) technology so that large organizations
using multiple mail servers can synchronize data between them efficiently.
- Secure -
A plethora of end-user web access authentication methods is supported so
that an organization can choose what best fits their environment without
adding administrative overhead. PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway also supports
TLS, allowing users to send and receive confidential email.
How it Works
The PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway SMTP proxy receives email from the Internet
and analyzes the messages for viruses (see Figure 2). If a virus is detected,
the filtering engine can take any number of actions. Messages can be rejected,
discarded, quarantined, or forwarded with the infected body part replaced by
a text message indicating that a virus was found and removed. If no viruses
are found, messages are analyzed for spam content. Spam messages can be rejected,
deleted, quarantined, or tagged for end-user review. Legitimate email is forwarded
to the intended destination.
Figure 2 – Comprehensive Spam and Virus Filtering
- 128 MB RAM minimum (1 GB RAM or more recommended)
- 250 MB disk space minimum (1 GB or more recommended)
- Mail Server: Any
- Operating Systems:
- Solaris SPARC or Intel v8 or higher
- RedHat Linux v7.2 or higher
- RedHat Linux Enterprise Edition v3.0 or higher
- Suse Linux v9.0 or higher
- OpenVMS VAX v6.1 or higher
- OpenVMS Alpha v6.2 or higher
- OpenVMS Itanium v8.2 or higher